Mon. ~ Fri. 8am-5pm
Worry-free work days
Drive with Confidence
Peace of mind, always!
Relax and Rest Easy
Take care of Loved ones
May 11th, 2016
10 Energy Saving Tips for Spring
Now that the flowers are beginning to bloom and warmer weather is on the way, there are some easy things anyone can do to save energy and money both around the house and at the office. Here are 10 energy saving tips courtesy of the Department of Energy:
1. Service your air conditioner. Easy maintenance such as routinely replacing or cleaning air filters can lower your cooling system’s energy consumption by up to 15 percent. Also check your air conditioner’s evaporator coil, which should be cleaned annually to ensure the system is performing at optimal levels.
2. Open windows. Opening windows creates a cross-wise breeze, allowing you to naturally cool your space without switching on air conditioners. This is an ideal tactic in spring and fall when temperatures are mild.
3. Use ceiling fans. Cooling with ceiling fans will allow you to raise the thermostat four degrees, because the moving air makes it feel as if it cooler on your skin. If you don’t have ceiling fans, use a regular box or oscillating fan (or use a “personal fan” in your cubicle). This can help lower your electricity bills without sacrificing overall comfort.
4. Cook outside. On warmer spring days, keep the heat out by using an outdoor grill instead of indoor ovens or stoves.
5. Install window treatments. Energy efficient window treatments or coverings such as blinds, shades and films can slash heat gain when temperatures rise. These devices not only improve the look of your home but also reduce energy costs.
6. Caulk air leaks. Using low-cost caulk to seal cracks and openings keeps warm air out — and cash in your wallet.
7. Bring in sunlight. During daylight hours, switch off artificial lights and use windows and skylights to brighten your space.
8. Set the thermostat. On warm days, setting a programmable thermostat to a higher setting when a space is not occupied will help reduce energy costs by approximately 10 percent.
9. Seal ducts. Air loss through ducts can lead to high electricity costs, accounting for nearly 30 percent of a cooling system’s energy consumption. Sealing and insulating ducts can go a long way toward lowering your electricity bills.
10. Switch on bathroom fans. Bathroom fans suck out heat and humidity, improving comfort.
More energy saving tips can be found on the infographic below.
We are an independent agency providing for all your insurance needs in one place. Our personnel brings over 84 years of combined experience to help you improve your insurance situations and fulfill your needs.
We are a member of the PROES Business Group. This association is a family of companies providing multiple avenues to make your life better. It brings business partners with the right background, experience and expertise to help you with your needs.
Each agent, servicing representative and owner’s philosophy is to combine quality, price, experience and service in every facet of your insurance purchasing experience. We strive to build long term relationships by meeting the needs of our clients.
The various backgrounds of our people help assure we can relate to your situation. Our goal is to help you have the right coverage, at the right price and be satisfied at the most important time – when you have a claim. We understand you are not buying insurance: you are buying piece of mind to protect yourself, your business and your family.